Sunday 13 April 2014

Documentation - DVD Covers




The last part of my documentation unit I had to complete was creating covers for my DVD cases. I decided to use my poster image of me kneeling in front of the mirror with the letters surroundings me. The reasons I chose to reuse my poster image was that firstly I want to use the same exact image when promoting this work so all my body of work concerning 'An Hour with you' is immediately recognisable as being related to that performance. Secondly I feel that by using my poster image for the covers will perhaps reinforce the themes within my piece to the audience of this desire to connect, obtain something and this sense of longing. These themes of longing and desire to connect may be reinforced by the actual image itself because of my proximity to the mirror  .The warmness of the colours within the image that I have used for the covers perhaps will make my audience feel invited into this very personal and intimate performance.

 I measured the front of the DVD case to obtain the right measurements this did take me a while because I am clueless when it comes to anything mathematical.  When I had the correct measurements I rescaled the image to the exact measurement and reapplied the same font for the text which I had used on my poster. I printed two copies of the cover one for my trailer and the other for my unedited ten minute DVD and I placed them within the DVD case. That small act of placing the covers on the DVD cases left me with a mixture of emotions I felt relieved to have nearly completed all of my work for this unit but I did feel a large pang of sadness that the unit has come to an end and that I am no longer working so intensely on this project. However I am seriously considering developing 'An hour with you' further with the aim of debuting it next year on the fringe circuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment