Sunday 22 June 2014

Heading Back to Yarm

A few weeks ago I returned back to the town where my grandmother was born. My grandmother grew up in a small town called Yarm in the North East of England. I visited the town with my dad it was a stange experience returning to the town after making my solo show I felt more closely connected to Anne in a way. Walking past her house and even around the town where she lived made me feel as though I was piecing together snapshots of her life. It was a cathartic experience in a way returning to Yarm I still feel though that I'm trapped in an endless cycle of longing and obsessing over my connection to Anne.



The picture above is the house where my grandmother lived and was a place that my dad visited frequently as a child. Recently I looked at this image again and was intrigued to see my dad's reflection in the window. I felt this image captures my sense of being heavily trapped in an endless need to know her and be somewhat be intrinsically connected to her. I think this feeling will always stay with me it's like part of a continual grieving process for a lost relationship 

No comments:

Post a Comment