Wednesday 12 March 2014

Documentation- Creation of Poster

Wednesday 12th March

There were several ideas that I had formed in my mind how I was going to present my poster. In a rehearsal before my final performance of my solo I took several photographs all of different compositions that were trying to reflect the story within my solo piece. I wore my turquoise rose patterned dress and sat gazing up at my grandmother on the projection screen in a searching and longing way. I really liked this image because I felt it illustrated how I am trying to connect my present world with my grandmothers absent lost world. However when I looked at the picture once again I found that the light on the actual picture had bounced of in the wrong way causing a lot of the projection to loose its actual colour. The other photographs that I took I actually set out my mise en scene with the mirror surrounded by open envelopes. In this photograph that I took I sat amongst a debris of open envelopes and I stared at my own reflection. In the end I decided to use this image because I felt the open envelopes and me looking into the mirror expressed my longing to communicate with a distant world I cannot quite reach. I used effects on the image to make it warmer and define the colours more to emphasise the intimate relationship I share with this mirror as I try to build an intimate relationship with my Grandmother.










No comments:

Post a Comment