Tuesday 11 March 2014

Solo Project - Thoughts about Lighting

In the last few days before the first showing of my solo piece I began to consider what kind of lighting I wanted to use within my piece. I originally thought of simply using a general wash over my set however I felt it looked a little dull when I initially tried the effect. I had a spotlight positioned over my set where the mirror stood creating a strong white glare. The spotlight over the mirror created a haunting yet beautiful image symbolising the connection between one present world and one absent world. I did consider after my first showing that I will use two spotlights to make sure that you can see me moving around at the front of the stage. The addition of the second spotlight I feel will will create a warmer glow across the space and will heighten the intimacy that I display in the piece through my physical interaction and relationship to the mirror that seems to hold my grandmothers presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment