Sunday 13 April 2014

Documentation- Initial Plan for Dialogue in Trailer

Monday 17th March


I was keen after my tutorial with Jane Linden to begin to formulate a rough plan for the order of my trailer and ultimately my dialogue. I decided to begin the trailer with a brief summary discussing how the concept for my performance initially was based on an hour I could spend with my grandmother who died before I was born. I also thought that in this brief summary I could discuss how this initial idea developed and how it began to explore themes of absence and loss and how I portrayed these in my performance. I ordered a list of bullet points and firstly decided to discuss the photographs then the significance of the mirror and finally the dialogue. I did find it a challenge to try to write concisely when I discussed the significance of each aspect of my performance because I found I almost I had too much that I wanted to say. However I was aware of the time limit of the trailer which is three minutes so I was consciously aware that I needed to write only a couple of very concise sentences. In the couple of sentences for each aspect of my performance I attempted to continuously but subtly refer to my performance's message and how that aspect is related to my performance's message .

At the end of my dialogue for my trailer I did initially consider ending with discussing how the questions that I selected and the scattered envelopes represented my longing and even curiosity to connect and communicate with my grandmothers world. Although after some consideration and looking over my initial plan for my dialogue I decided that I should end my trailer by discussing my short monologue which on reflection almost seems to be a resolution at the end of my solo performance. Its a resolution and a realisation that I can never truly express these thousands of thoughts and words to her because she's dead the only way I can connect to her is because we share the same name. I want to end with almost a resolution at the closure of my trailer to signify my own journey in the performance that I come to my own moment of realisation that I can never connect to her truly through any words or language because she's an absent presence in my life. I realise that we are only joined in the present moment together by the shared name of Anne.

In my rough plan I also began to consider potentially the pieces of footage that I will use in my trailer even though I haven't been able to pick up my footage yet because it has not been developed.

I am considering for the opening of my trailer to merge several shots together from the beginning middle and end of my piece to give a small glimpse of my whole piece for the audience.

I have initially allocated clips from my performance that I think will visually emphasise my dialogue for the audience. However these allocations are only an initial thought I need to wait until I receive footage to decide how the dialogue will work best with the footage of the performance and my own rehearsal footage.







No comments:

Post a Comment