Sunday 9 March 2014

Documentation - Initial tutorial with Jane Linden

Monday 3rd March


This Monday I had my first tutorial with Jane Linden we discussed the overall message and content of my solo performance . I showed Jane the images of my grandmother during the 50's and I explained to her how those images have been integral in directing and shaping my performance. We briefly discussed the poster we have to create and Jane suggested that I should in fact use the images of my grandmother . Jane suggested using an image that shows my grandma on a beach. I really like the idea of simply using one of the images from my Grandma from the 50's period because they are inviting yet ambiguous images that invite you into this woman's life. I feel that if I did use one of the images of her it would immediately invite my audience into my perception of who I think my grandmother is. There are still other images that I want to play around with so I can give the exact meaning of my performance through my poster.








A large amount of my tutorial was devoted to how I will create my documentation video about my solo. Jane emphasised to me that that I need to include 2 minutes of the performance within the piece and the other minute is my actual process. The documentation video I am going to create I want to be poetic and playful. Jane did suggest the idea of playing around with the video image of my own lips and my grandmothers lips. There is an idea that I have for the opening is to record my own lips announcing the line of 'There are a thousand words'. There is footage of my actual rehearsals that I have recorded which I will look back on and see if any of it feels relevant to this process video that i am creating.


The actual thought of creating a short video documenting my work I find a little daunting because I have never created any videos or film projects before. I feel I definitely need to hone my skills a little more in editing and making videos but firstly I need to settle on an idea for how I am documenting my solo.


No comments:

Post a Comment