Monday 3 March 2014

Solo Project- Developing my Solo Performance Structure Further

Thursday 28th February


In our Thursday class we repeated the same exercise of recreating our stage images but this time we had
to create an middle and ending image. There were several members of the groups who presented the progression of their stages images and the pieces themselves. Even though I did not my present my stage image watching my other groups members made me carefully mull over how my piece progresses visually. My initial stage image is of me sitting down amongst the envelope strewn floor whilst gazing up at my grandmothers image projected on the flat behind. I feel visually that for the middle part of my performance I am going move to the front of the space and lie amongst the envelopes as I continuously write questions for my grandmother.The finishing image will be me standing against the mirror or projection screen with my grandmothers face covering my own. I have prepared for my middle sections a 100 questions that I wrote during a stream of consciousness. The questions themselves  I have prerecorded on my phone several times to see which questions best suited that section. I think in my next few rehearsals I will test out these prerecorded questions . I have decided on the action of writing out the questions whilst my voice plays but I am not definite on what dialogue will follow after this. The questions I have selected and written I feel perhaps will inform the rest of my dialogue. It was helpful to listen to how everyones piece is being structured as it has made me realise I need to concentrate further on my whole pieces progression as a narrative. This I think will explored further in my first showing and the rehearsals leading up to this.









In the second half of my class we repeated the Laban exercise we had completed in the previous week . The experience of repeating the same process of starting with a single movement to a short performance  made me realise that for myself experimenting with movement or dialogue itself can lead to some really interesting ideas or new observations being formed in your work. It made me reflect that each moment of time can be used greatly to enhance and further develop your message. I feel over the course of my next few rehearsals I need to time parts of my piece and find where I could lengthen a particular section to display the meaning that I am trying to unravel.

No comments:

Post a Comment