Saturday 1 March 2014

Solo Project : Costume Decisions

Friday 21st November-Saturday 22nd November
During my weekend at home I managed to try on a selection of dresses that I had ordered from Amazon. The dresses were all reproduction of original 50's dresses which I tried on. The sizes all extremely varied two of them were too tight and didn't seem right for the performance. The polka dot dresses seemed too tight and were perhaps too authentic of the period. I am conscious that I do not want my performance to become to representative of playing my grandmother and trying to emulate the period she lived in. I chose the blue/turquoise dress patterned with flowers because I feel it partly reflects the clothes my grandma was wearing in her early 20's during the 50's. I feel the dress represents my desire to be connected the world I associate with her.






No comments:

Post a Comment