Wednesday 12 March 2014

Solo Project- Final Showing

Thursday 6th March


Today was the day that I was finally able to present the first five minutes of my piece to my tutors Nancy and Leentje and my class. It was such a relief to be finally able to perform part of my solo so I can gain some feedback on how I can improve my piece and importantly see if I am going in the right direction with my solo. I was generally very nervous before I presented my solo because I was uncertain of how it would be received but also if the technology would run smoothly.  I was personally anxious about the set up of my set but with the support and help of my all classmates I found the construction of my set took less than ten minutes. I felt so grateful for all the help that my class gave me in constructing set because it made me feel calmer and more relaxed before I began to perform my piece. The five minutes of my performance I felt ran very smoothly and the whole mise en scene looked exactly the way I wanted it to and I felt the action of writing the letters went well.


The feedback that I received from Nancy and Leentje was really positive and complementary about my performance they commented on how Beautiful and haunting it proved to be with the use of the mirror and how I kept on glancing at it. Nancy and Leentje suggested that I need to have more moments with interacting and engaging the mirror because it worked  really well in the actual showing. Nancy emphasised that I needed to rerecord my questions as there were distracting sounds in the background that were taking away from the actual voice over. Nancy also suggested to lip synch these questions to the mirror and try a whispering tone rather than the high pitched tone I had used previously. Leentje reflected that I could have a moment where I look at the projection and the image of my grandmother when she wears a highly patterned dress which is similar to mine. Nancy suggested that I put the questions at the start of my piece to perhaps show that how ever many questions I ask I will receive the answers or be able to say to her what I really want to say .In my next few rehearsals I will work more closely on my feedback and try and refine those elements I need to work on.


Ready to Perform in costume for my first showing 

No comments:

Post a Comment