Friday 14 March 2014

Solo Project- First and Final performance of my solo piece 'An Hour with you '

Thursday 13th March

Today was one one of the most generally exhilarating, exciting and stressful days I have experienced at university.  I left my flat feeling prepared with a whole bag full of envelopes prepared for my mise en scene and a bag full of technical equipment. I was the last performance of the day and this gave me the chance to calm myself and get in the right frame of mind to perform my solo. Throughout the day I saw a fantastic diverse range of performance from all the members of my class which touched in me very different ways. All the people who helped to construct and deconstruct my set and everyone else's were truly amazing and it was wonderful to feel a part of such a big team effort.



There were a few technical issues with the projector not actually turning on but it was quickly resolved and I was able to begin my performance. The performance ran fairly smoothly there was a little technical hiccup with my first track being played slightly earlier but it did not make a major difference because I continued my repeated actions with the mirror and lip synched the questions as well. The questions and my interaction with the mirror I think came together as one showing how I am trying to verbally and physically engage with my grandmothers absence. The coming together of the physical interaction with the mirror  and where I lip synch the questions creates a sense of my longing for these two worlds to collide .I think the moment was only greatly noticeable to me because I am fully aware of the structure of how my piece flows.

Overall I felt the performance ran smoothly and I genuinely did shed a tear or two at the end because i feel consciously its an issue that has always been in the back of mind that I have never acted on. This piece "An hour with you" has allowed me to express my own grief and longing for a relationship with my grandmother who I never met. I'm glad I have been finally able to express these feelings in this performance and now I want to transfer this meaning and message within my performance now into the
documentation video that I have to make.































No comments:

Post a Comment